Support Us

For the past four years, we have been measuring the impact of our programmes and the positive changes they have made to the quality of adults and young people's lives to feel less anxious, stressed and depressed to feeling a more connected, alive, happier, contented and resilient individual.

The current crisis and lockdown has impacted us all in various ways. Some families and individuals will have been affected financially and others may have felt the impact on their own mental, emotional and physical health or through the negative impact of others.

 

We are concerned that the lockdown will have a major impact on the mental health of young people and that more support is needed in the community to provide accessible, relevant and age appropriate mindfulness and wellbeing programmes to meet the needs of young people aged 12-15 years, 16-18 years and 19-21 years at no cost to parents.

We plan to open a new Wellbeing Centre in Muirend, Glasgow close to numerous bus routes and a few minutes walk from Muirend train station to help us to address these needs. We need to make adaptations to the building to meet the required fire, health and safety regulations to fully utilise the space.

 

We need your help to raise £13,000 to make this happen. 80% of this cost is for building materials and the remaining 20% is for labour. We would be very happy to provide you with a list of the materials if there is something specific you would like to donate. 

Our main aim is to create a friendly and beautiful space for the whole community to enjoy. We want to provide a safe welcoming space for young people to feel comfortable visiting to explore wellbeing activities and programmes. We want them to feel empowered on how to manage their own mental health and feel confident on how to cope more skilfully with life's challenges and difficulties.

We wish to provide for those who are interested to experience and learn new ways to relax and establish a balanced, healthier and happier lifestyle, activities and events that incorporate and nourish the mind as well as the body, spirit and soul.

Additional alternative and accessible mental health support in our community has never been as important, as it is now.

Let's Make Positive Change

Here are some ways you can donate:

In Person

THE WELLBEING CENTRE

31 Gavinton Street

Muirend, Glasgow

from 1 September 2020

Just Giving

 Crowdfunder

Make a tax deductible donation‏.

Over the Phone

It's easy to donate offline too.

Tel: (+44) 07 890 452 858

 

Get Involved

Join Us

We currently have several voluntary roles that would complete our Voluntary Team.

 

Do you have free time during the day or evening and would like to utilise your skills for the greater good of the community? 

 

We are looking for a Fundraising Manager; Marketing and Social Media Content Creator; an Accountant; Administrator to work one full or half day per week on a voluntary basis.

We are also looking for voluntary Receptionists to work at our new Wellbeing Centre.

 

We are always looking for volunteers to work on various projects each week so please do get in touch and have a chat about how you could join us. 

 

Please contact us telling us a little bit about yourself and how you would like to contribute towards our charity's mission, vision and goals. 

Cultivating Mindfulness

Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation.

Contact us to find out more about our wellbeing programmes and courses, create a fundraiser or volunteer with us.

Email: info@cultivatingmindfulness.org.uk

Phone: (+44) 07 890 452 858

Registered Charity Number: SC048634

Get Monthly Newsletter

© 2020 by Cultivating Mindfulness |  Terms of Use  |   Privacy Policy